TIN CAN TRADING POST
Cochecton, New York 12726

SUMMER 2013

SUMMER IN THE CITY

WE HAVE MOVED BACK TO THE EAST VILLAGE

MORE LATER !!!






Friday, September 3, 2010

God Save The Queen - Sex Pistols Posters - Jamie Reid

e
OK - finally something to write about.
I'm starting to pull together merchandise for the Brooklyn Flea "SUPER DJ" Record sale on September 19th at One Hanson Place in Brooklyn. The Sunday location for the Brooklyn Flea.

This is my first show at this venue which is a landmarked bank space.

I did pretty good this past spring selling off some of my rare vinyl from the 60's - 70's and 80's at the Fort Greene location - so I'm excited to bring more records and ephemera to this expo.

While digging through my archives I'm finding some cool shit that I intend to show.

All sorts of music related Fashion, Graphics, Tickets, Posters, etc.

These posters were backstage in the dressing rooms for the Sex Pistols last gig - on their fateful US tour and their final show ever.

I was there too. Here's what I remember.

A member of the Avengers (the opening band) spray painted 'pretty vacant' over them.
They were stapled to the wall in a over lapping composition - so the graffiti tags are skewed.
I have 3 of the 4 posters that were there. I just ripped them off the wall on my way out.
The posters are promo material from Warner Bros. using the classic Jamie Reid graphics he designed for the Pistols record sleeves.

I also have a heavily silk screened tee shirt from the tour with the Jamie Reid album graphics.

I'll post more stuff as I find it.

See you there? Sept 19, 2010 - Brooklyn Flea.

No comments:

Post a Comment