TIN CAN TRADING POST
Cochecton, New York 12726

SUMMER 2013

SUMMER IN THE CITY

WE HAVE MOVED BACK TO THE EAST VILLAGE

MORE LATER !!!






Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Late Winter Shopping - A good day.


I spent the morning on one of my favorite routes in NE Pennsylvania, hitting charity shops, thrift stores and ending at my reliable Tuesday afternoon box lot auction. With patience, a sharp eye and some digging around I can usually find a few things of interest. It's fun to come home and do "display" with my new finds. The mirror is something I found in a charity shop this morning.The shoes are all leather. Fine detail stitching. Probably ethnic origin.

The hat mold is hand painted with insects, soldiers, ladies, kids, and other naive characters composed along with decoupage images .

This Italian carved and gilt curio cabinet came up for bid after I had paid and was walking out the door. Nobody bid and I jumped in and got it. I love it.

I found 3 leather shoulder bags; Carlos Falchi, DKNY, il Bisonti. Two ladies watches; the one on left is marked Elegance, Murano lens, stainless steel body. The other is classic Timex.

This shot shows the Murano glass lens.

The shoes are handmade (Indian?) with leather wedge and soles. Mint. The Falchi is embossed with animals and other symbols.

No comments:

Post a Comment